COVID-19 Update: How We Are Serving and Protecting Our Clients

Premises Liability

Albuquerque Premises Liability LawyerPremises LiabilityNew Mexico Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer

Premises liability lawsuits - often involving slip and falls - are getting more and more difficult to win in New Mexico. In recent years, the burden of proof has increasingly fallen on the injury victim to prove that the property owner shared significant responsibility for a dangerous situation.

Free Consultation • Toll Free Statewide • No Attorneys Fees Unless You Win

If you were injured on a business property or while using a public space, talk to an experienced personal injury attorney right away. I am attorney Matthew Vance. I have experience in presenting cases like yours. The Law Office of Matthew Vance, P.C., is recognized for aggressive, intelligent representation that is focused on getting maximum money damages for victims of negligence. For more than a decade I have been helping victims of negligence seek full and fair money damages for injuries resulting from unsafe premises, including:

  • Retail store accidents
  • Parking lot and parking ramp accidents
  • Pedestrian and bicycle sidewalk accidents
  • Private and public swimming pool accidents
  • Park and playground accidents
  • Bar fights, assault injuries due to inadequate security
  • Dog bites, claims against homeowner's policies
What Will You Have to Prove?

Judges and juries will want to know that the unsafe condition leading to your accident was the result of negligence on the part of a property owner or store employee. In many cases, this will require an independent investigation to determine whether there have been past complaints or premises liability claims against management. For claims against a homeowner's insurance policy, you will have to show that the host was aware of an unsafe condition on his private property and failed to take measures to eliminate the problem for guests.

Lawsuits Against a City or County

In most slip and fall accident claims against a municipal government entity, you must file your intent to claim within a short amount of time. It doesn't have to be the full lawsuit, just the notification that you intend to file a claim. If you miss the deadline, you will pass up your opportunity to obtain fair compensation for your injuries. Talk to me about your accident and what county and city you will be filing in. I will give you straight answers and start working immediately to take the first steps.

Contact me today to discuss your claim.